Sarah whipped up this bread using buckwheat flour. Whoowee, it tastes great! The recipe is from Chequamegon Food Cooperative Cookbook, 2006. It has been altered to be gluten free. It makes 2 loaves.
1 cup oil
2 cups shredded zucchini
3 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups buckwheat (or all purpose mix)
2 cups sugar (or 1 1/2)
1 t xanthan gum
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 t baking powder
1 t cinnamon or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon mixed with 1/2 t nutmeg
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 cup raisins (optional, but highly recommended)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease two loaf pans.
2. Blend the oil, zucchini, eggs, and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
3. Mix together the dry ingredients in another mixing bowl, then add to the zucchini mixture (add nuts and/or raisins if desired).
4. Pour into loaf pans. Bake for one hour or until a knife or toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
5. Let cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan.
Recipe was submitted to the cookbook by Christel Sketch.