This recipe comes from 1,000 Gluten Free Recipes. These blueberry muffins have become a weekly staple. Yum! I’ve altered the recipe to make it simple.
2 large eggs
3/4 cup rice milk (or your favorite milky type substance)
1/2 cup canola oil
1 T grated lemon zest or lemon juice
1 t pure vanilla extract (or imitation)
2 1/4 cups flour mix or Bob’s All Purpose Gluten Free Baking Flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 T baking powder (although this makes them rise a bunch and then sink down – try 1 t instead)
1 1/2 t xanthan gum
1 t salt
1 cup fresh blueberries (we buy a big bag at Costco and keep them frozen until using them)
Great with fruit jam!
1. Place rack on middle position in oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer until frothy. Add milk, oil, lemon and vanilla and beat until just mixed.
3. In a small or medium bowl, whisk dry ingredients except blueberries. With mixer on low, slowly beat the dry ingredients into the liquid until the batter is smooth. Gently stir in the blueberries (try to avoid bursting them).
4. Grease the muffin pan with cooking spray. Divide the batter evenly in the muffin pan.
5. Bake 25-30 minutes (30 at 3,000 ft elevation) until muffin tops are firm, nicely browned and pull away from the pan. Cool the pan for 10 minutes and then remove muffins and place on a wire rack.